Once you have chosen your web hosting provider the next step is to install and set up WordPress. Here's a guide to help you through the process.
Sometimes it can be difficult for beginners to know where to start when trying to install WordPress for their own hosted site. This quick guide will show you how easy it is to get up and running with WordPress.
Summary of contents:
- What does WordPress consist of?
- Choosing a hosting package ( also see our Intro to Hosting Packages for WordPress )
- Manually creating a MySQL database
- Manually uploading the latest WordPress zip file from WordPress.org
- Making WordPress files talk to the database
- Using a cPanel script to install WordPress
- Securing your new WordPress website
Initially presented at our WordPress Sydney meetup.